Introduction: Bank of Baroda aka BOB is an Indian multinational, Public Sector banking and financial services company. It is the second largest bank in India after State Bank of India. It provide wide range of Banking Solutions and Financial Services to its corporate and retail customers. Government holds highest shares in BOB.
Branches: 5400 approx.
International Branches (foreign offices): 104 approx. over 24 countries
ATMs: 8000 plus
Rank: Second Largest bank in India.
History: Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III set up the Bank of Baroda (BOB) at Baroda, now Vadodara in Gujarat, in 1908. Two years later, BOB established its first branch in Ahmedabad. In 1958 BOB acquired Hind Bank, which became BOB's first domestic acquisition. In 1961, BOB merged in New Citizen Bank of India. This merger helped it increase its branch network in Maharashtra. In 1963, BOB acquired Surat Banking Corporation in Surat, Gujarat. The next year BOB acquired two banks: Umbergaon People’s Bank in southern Gujarat and Tamil Nadu Central Bank in Tamil Nadu state. In 1988, BOB acquired Traders Bank, which had a network of 34 branches in Delhi. Bank of Baroda also get expansion in all major countries during expansion period in India.
- BOB Capital Markets
- Bobcards Ltd
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company
INDIA'S INTERNATIONAL BANK
Shareholding: Government of India holds 57% shares and other Financial companies & Insurance companies holds 34% Shares. The equity shares of BOB are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange BSE and National Stock Exchange of India NSE.
Employees: More than 50,000
- Bank of Baroda has won National Prize – First Rank in Innovative Training Practices for the year 2014
- Bank of Baroda has won the Champion of Champions Award at the 54th annual ABCI Awards 2015.
- Bank of Baroda has won 3 Awards at The IBA Banking Technology Awards 2014-2015.
- Bank of Baroda awarded as Best PSU Bank at 5th Dalal Street Investment Journal
- Bank of Baroda conferred winner of ASSOCHAM Social Banking Excellence
- Bank of Baroda conferred Special Award for Best IT Team at IDRBT Banking
- Technology Excellence Awards 2012-13
- Bank of Baroda conferred Best Public Sector Bank Award
- Bank of Baroda bags Forbes India Leadership Award
- Bank of Baroda bags 4 prizes from R.B.I.
- Bloomberg UTV Financial Leadership Awards – Best PSU Bank Award
- NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards 2011
- Business World Best Bank 2011 Awards
- Golden Peacock Award